Pet Insurance Companies
Pet insurance is on the rise with more and more pet owners wanting to offer their four-legged friend the most comfortable life possible.
The very first pet insurance was written for a dog in Sweden in 1924. Since then, the industry has been steadily growing and is estimated to grow to around $664 million by 2012. Nevertheless, only 3% of dogs and 1% of cats are insured. The eleven companies providing pet insurance in the United States are:
• Veterinary Pet Insurance, VPI (Brea, Calif.)
• Hartville Group, ASPCA (Canton, Ohio)
• PetHealth, Inc. 24PetWatch (Buffalo, NY)
• Petplan USA (Philadelphia, Penn.)
• Pets Best Insurance (Boise, Idaho)
• PetFirst Healthcare (Jeffersonville, Ind.)
• PetPartners, AKC (Raleigh, NJ)
• Embrace Pet Insurance (Beachwood, Ohio)
• Trupanion Pet Insurance (Seattle, Wash.)
• Purina Pet Insurance (San Antonio, Tex.)
• Healthy Paws (Bellevue, Wash.)
Choosing a pet insurance provider can be confusing. We have therefore compiled a short list with general information about each pet insurance provider to give you a better idea of each company’s history and strengths. Please note that this is general information to give you a better idea and that specifics can change without notification. Please consult specific insurance providers for customized support and information.